WARNING: Contains Adult Content, Foul Lauguage, and Recipes that are so easy, even a dumbass could make them...

Monday, March 26, 2012

What's for lunch?

Not that this is the best example of what I should be eating, but here's what I threw together for lunch today:
(I would have taken a picture to post, but I was so hungry I just couldn't take the time to do it!)

Grilled Chicken with Baby Spinach & Swiss 

6 oz Baby Spinach
Sesame Seeds
1 leftover Grilled Chicken Breast (I had filleted it and pounded it thin, sprinkled w/olive oil and salt & pepper before grilling on medium/high heat for a few minutes on each side).
1 wedge Creamy Swiss Cheese (I use Laughing Cow)
Olive Oil & Balsamic Salad Dressing

Saute spinach in 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil (or Butter) over medium heat.  Sprinkle with garlic salt, ground pepper and 1 tsp +/- Sesame seeds.
While the spinach is wilting, reheat chicken (I do it in the same pan alongside the spinach).
When everything is heated through, slice the cheese wedge thin and place on the chicken breast.  Serve alongside the spinach. Drizzle both with some dressing and ENJOY!

Seriously, I think this took me all of 5 minutes.

Now, ordinarily I would have sauteed some garlic and onion along with the spinach but I'm not supposed to use either of them.  Since I haven't been following my new "lifestyle" too well lately, I decided not to chance it today.  Have some for me, will ya?

1 comment:

  1. sounds good; why don't you make me some...haven't been cooking since getting sick; i think dad needs a break!

    ReplyDelete